Wild Blackberry Plum Butter
|Wild blackberries||1 Quart|
|Tart plums||2 Pound|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||7 1⁄2 Cup (120 tbs)|
|Liquid fruit pectin||3 Ounce (1/2 bottle)|
1. Wash and pick berries.
2. Pit unpeeled plums; cut into small pieces.
3. In a saucepan, mix fruits and water; bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Using a food mill or coarse sieve, force the mixture through it to get thick juice; measure to get 4 1/2 cups (if required, add water to get volume).
5. In a large saucepan, mix together pulp and sugar; stir constantly and bring to full rolling boil and then, hard boil for 1 minute.
6. Remove pan from heat and stir in pectin.
7. Skim top.
8. Into hot sterilized jars, ladle mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top.
9. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
10. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process for 5 minutes.
11. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
12. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
13. Spread Wild Blackberry Plum Butter over bread and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6638 Calories from Fat 60
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11%
Saturated Fat 0.29 g1.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 9.5 mg0.4%
Total Carbohydrates 1701 g567.1%
Dietary Fiber 64.6 g258.5%
Sugars 1634.8 g
Protein 19 g39%
Vitamin A 103.1% Vitamin C 474.8%
Calcium 34.4% Iron 42%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet