|Buttermilk/Sour cream||1 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh blackberries||1⁄2 Pint|
|Creme de cassis/Framboise liqueur||1 Dash|
1) To prepare creme fraiche: Add buttermilk or sour cream to heavy cream.
2) Give a stir and allow to stand at room temperaturefor 6 to 8 hours. Cover and refrigerate for at least a day before using.
3) If you have no intention to prepare,but prefer to use readymade,store immediately after buying.
4) Separate 6 to 9 of the prettiest berries.
5) Take a bowl and put the rest of the berries in it, also add the remaining ingredients and whisk with an electric mixer at moderate speed, or by hand with a wire whisk, until the mixture becomes stiff.
6) Do not overdo the whipping or the fool will become too runny.
7) Spoon into glasses and chill until ready to serve.
8) Garnish with the reserved whole berries.