|Brown sugar||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Vinegar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Whole cloves||1 Tablespoon|
|Whole allspice||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
1. Prepare the fruit.
2. Tie the spices in muslin cloth to make a spice bag.
3. Sterilize preserve jars.
4. In a large heavy bottomed pan or kettle, combine brown sugar and vinegar.
5. Place the pan over a medium flame and bring mixture to a boil stirring until the sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes.
6. Reduce the flame and add the fruit.
7. Drop the spice bad into the mixture.
8. Simmer the fruit for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is thick and viscous and leaves a train when stirred.
9. Remove the spice bag.
10. Spoon the berries mixture while hot into sterilized jars.
11. Cover with waxed paper circles.
12. Seal the jars with the lids.
13. Store jars in a cool dry place.
14. Serve as an accompaniment or use as required.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4098 Calories from Fat 99
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.2%
Saturated Fat 0.52 g2.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 52.6 mg2.2%
Total Carbohydrates 1041 g347.1%
Dietary Fiber 124.8 g499%
Sugars 911 g
Protein 33 g65.3%
Vitamin A 98.1% Vitamin C 802%
Calcium 78.3% Iron 84.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet