|Brown sugar||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Vinegar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Whole cloves||1 Tablespoon|
|Whole allspice||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
1. Prepare the fruit.
2. Tie the spices in muslin cloth to make a spice bag.
3. Sterilize preserve jars.
4. In a large heavy bottomed pan or kettle, combine brown sugar and vinegar.
5. Place the pan over a medium flame and bring mixture to a boil stirring until the sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes.
6. Reduce the flame and add the fruit.
7. Drop the spice bad into the mixture.
8. Simmer the fruit for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is thick and viscous and leaves a train when stirred.
9. Remove the spice bag.
10. Spoon the berries mixture while hot into sterilized jars.
11. Cover with waxed paper circles.
12. Seal the jars with the lids.
13. Store jars in a cool dry place.
14. Serve as an accompaniment or use as required.