Blackberry And Geranium Bombe
|Blackberries||1 Pound (500 Grams)|
|Sweet scented geranium leaves||3|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||450 Milliliter, whipped|
|Whipped cream||6 Tablespoon|
1. Put the blackberries, geranium leaves and sugar in a pan and simmer for about 10 minutes, until tender. Rub through a sieve and leave to cool.
2. Place the water and granulated sugar in a pan and heat gently, stirring until dissolved. Increase the heat and boil steadily until the syrup reaches 110°C/225°F on a sugar thermometer, or a little of the cooled syrup forms a thread when drawn between thumb and forefinger.
3. Cool slightly, then pour onto the egg yolks, whisking until the mixture is thick and mousse-like.
4. Mix the cream and blackberry puree together, then fold into the egg mixture.
5. Turn into a 1.5 litre (6 cup) pudding basin and smooth the surface. Cover with foil and freeze for about 5 hours, until firm.
6. To serve, invert the basin onto a serving plate and cover with a cloth wrung out in hot water; give a good shake and the ice cream will come out.
7. Pipe a border of cream around the bottom and leave in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.