Vegan Anzac Biscuits
|Rolled oats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Plain flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Desiccated coconut||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Golden syrup||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Bicarbonate of soda||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dairy free butter||125 Gram|
|Boiling water||2 Tablespoon|
1) Sift the flour into a bowl. Add the rolled oats, brown sugar and coconut to the bowl and stir to combine.
2) Melt the butter in the microwave.
3) Then add the boiling water to the bi-carb soda in a separate bowl and mix. Then add the bi-carb mixture to the butter alongwith the golden syrup.
4) Make a well in the dry mixture and add the wet mixture into the well. Stir with a wooden spoon until all ingredients are combined.
5) Place walnut size blobs onto a baking tray lined with baking paper, allowing room for spreading of the biscuits.
6) Bake in the preheated oven at 150 degrees F for about 12 to 15 minutes.
7) Remove from the oven. Then allow the biscuits to cool on the baking tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4292 Calories from Fat 2250
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 256 g394%
Saturated Fat 136.9 g684.7%
Trans Fat 0.5 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2294.9 mg95.6%
Total Carbohydrates 476 g158.6%
Dietary Fiber 47.6 g190.5%
Sugars 229.3 g
Protein 43 g85.7%
Vitamin A 41.5% Vitamin C 4.5%
Calcium 13.1% Iron 68.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet