|All purpose flour||7 Pound|
|Mild cheddar cheese||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking soda||2 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Pound (+ 1 cup melted butter for coating)|
|Egg wash||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine together the all purpose flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and sugar. Mix until well combined.
3. Add in the mild cheddar cheese and mix again until the cheese is well combined in the mixture.
4. Add the butter, margarine and mix well until it is crumbly.
5. Make a pool in the center of the flour mixture and add the buttermilk. Mix the batter well, using hands or a mixer.
6. On a floured board, place the dough and flour top. Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough until it is about 1 inch thick. Pull the sides of the dough together and flour the dough again.
7. Take a baking dish and line it with parchment paper. Spray oil on the paper and sides of the pan.
8. Take a biscuit cutter and cut out biscuits from the dough. Place the biscuits onto pan about 1 inch apart.
9. Once done, coat the biscuits with egg wash and bake it in the oven at 325 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
10. Once done, remove the tray and brush the biscuits with melted butter.
11. Serve the biscuits with tea or coffee.
Calories 1589 Calories from Fat 442
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g80.4%
Saturated Fat 22.8 g114.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 104.4 mg34.8%
Sodium 2816.1 mg117.3%
Total Carbohydrates 228 g75.9%
Dietary Fiber 7.2 g28.7%
Sugars 17.4 g
Protein 47 g95%
Vitamin A 35.1% Vitamin C 0.03%
Calcium 118.2% Iron 74.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet