Sablé Cookies - Recipe
|Cake flour||320 Gram|
|Vanilla extract/Vanilla powder||1 Teaspoon|
|White sugar||100 Gram|
1. Pre-heat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
2. In a food processor add the softened butter, sugar, salt and the vanilla extract beat until creamy.
3. When the mixture is creamy, sift in the flour. Then beat again until a sandy, crumbly texture is formed, dust a work surface with flour and knead the mixture until you get a
nice smooth dough, flatten the dough into a disk, wrap in cling film and let it set in the fridge for at least half an hour.
4. Remove the cling film and knead just enough to form 4 logs, about 1 ¼ inches (3 cm) in diameter. After that, place them on a tray, lined with parchment paper, and cover with cling film.
5. Place the logs in the fridge to harden, this process will help the logs to hold their shape when sliced. Try to make the logs as even as possible.
6. Prepare a baking tray with parchment paper.
7. When the rolls are nice and cold roll it in white granulated sugar, until completely coated. Now cut the logs into ¾-inch (2 cm) thick slices. Place it on the lined baking tray and bake for about 15 minutes.
8. Our beautiful sable cookies are ready, crumbly and flavorful.
9. Serve with coffee or at a tea party
You may prepare the dough ahead of time and refrigerate overnight or put it in the freezer to speed up the cooling process.
As soon as you take the cookies out of the oven, remove from the baking sheet, to stop the cooking process.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3216 Calories from Fat 1693
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 192 g295.3%
Saturated Fat 118.1 g590.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 494.6 mg164.9%
Sodium 281.1 mg11.7%
Total Carbohydrates 347 g115.6%
Dietary Fiber 32.2 g128.7%
Sugars 100 g
Protein 45 g89.7%
Vitamin A 115% Vitamin C
Calcium 27.1% Iron 0.32%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet