Ginger snaps are a great gift from your kitchen! They are loaded in flavor and keep very well. This recipe is really quite easy. I hope you try them out.
1 2⁄3 Cup (26.67 tbs)
1 1⁄2 Teaspoon
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened
Dark brown sugar
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)
1. In a bowl mix all dry ingredients and set aside.
2. In another bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar. Add the egg and the molasses. Mix well.
3. Add the dry ingredients and mix until incorporated. Do not over-mix as your cookies will be tough.
4. Dump the dough onto a well-floured board and knead it into two balls of dough.
5. Form two logs with the balls. Wrap them tightly in plastic and refrigerate over-night.
6. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
7. Remove the dough from the fridge.
8. Unwrap and cut ¼ inch thick cookies. Put the cookies on a lined baking sheet – 2 inches apart from each other.
9. Place sheet into oven and bake for 10 minutes or until starting to brown.
10. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for a few minutes.
11. Carefully remove them onto a wire cooling rack and allow complete cooling.
12. On a serving platter, serve it as a snack with any drink of choice or store it in air tight containers.