Cheddar Bay Biscuits
|Carbquik||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Calorie countdown milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), cold|
|Cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Old bay seasoning||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Melted butter||2 Tablespoon (For Butter Herb sauce)|
|Parsley flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon, dried (For Butter Herb sauce)|
|Old bay||1⁄4 Teaspoon (For Butter Herb sauce)|
1. In a large bowl mix Carbquik with chives, garlic powder and old bay.
2. Add butter leaving in some butter chunks.
3. Add in the cheddar cheese and mix with a spatuala.
4. Pour milk in the mixture and mix well to make a dough.
5. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
6. Grease a baking tray and set aside.
7. For Butter sauce – in a pan, melt butter, sprinkle garlic powder, parsley and old bay seasoning. Mix well.
8. Make biscuits by rolling the dough between your hands.
9. Bake for 12 minutes at 375 degrees.
11. Take out biscuits from oven.
12. Brush the butter sauce onto the biscuits and place it in the oven for another minute.
13. Serve biscuits with coffee or tea.
Calories 213 Calories from Fat 108
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.4%
Saturated Fat 6.7 g33.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30.2 mg10.1%
Sodium 205.6 mg8.6%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4.1%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.6%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 18 g35.6%
Vitamin A 7.2% Vitamin C 0.86%
Calcium 12.9% Iron 7.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet