In this video, Betty demonstrates how to make Cream Cheese-Chive Biscuits. This is my bread suggestion for Mother's Day. These biscuits are light and airy, and the delicate flavor of chives makes them unique and interesting.
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (1/2 stick)
Self rising flour
2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)
1 Tablespoon (fresh)
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)
Cooking oil spray
1. Preheat oven to 425 degree F.
2. Grease a shallow baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine self rising flour, cream cheese, and butter. Using pastry blender or fork, cut cream cheese and butter and mix until crumbly.
4. Add snipped fresh chives and stir in milk, just until flour mixture is moistened.
5. On a lightly floured surface, place the dough and knead 6-8 times or until smooth and glossy.
6. Sprinkle more flour on work surface and using a rolling pin roll the dough into a ½-inch thick sheet.
7. Use a 2-inch cutter to cut rolled dough into biscuits and place them on a greased shallow baking pan.
8. Pop the pan in oven and bake for 8 -10 minutes or until golden brown.