|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Flour||1 Tablespoon (Extra to coat hand)|
1) Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2) Wash and chop parsley.
3) In a mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar and shortening.
4) With a fork or pastry cutter blend it into dry ingredients until crumbly dough is formed.
5) Add milk and parsley into the dough, mix with your hands.
6) On a lightly floured surface, pat the dough until it is ½ inch thick.
7) With a cookie cutter, cut biscuits and lay them on cookie sheet.
8) Bake the biscuits for 15 minutes or until they are golden brown.
9) Remove parsley and let them cool.
10) Serve the biscuits in a serving basket.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1632 Calories from Fat 604
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 68 g105.1%
Saturated Fat 18.6 g93%
Trans Fat 7.9 g
Cholesterol 16.9 mg5.6%
Sodium 1850.5 mg77.1%
Total Carbohydrates 220 g73.5%
Dietary Fiber 8.2 g32.7%
Sugars 14.9 g
Protein 34 g67.5%
Vitamin A 54% Vitamin C 66.5%
Calcium 101% Iron 85.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet