|All-purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Shortening||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Milk/Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Heat the oven to 450° to 500°F and lightly grease a baking sheet.
2) In a bowl, sift 2 cups of the flour with the baking powder and salt.
3) With a pastry blender or fork, or work in with your fingers, cut in the shortening.
4) Add the milk to make a soft dough, mixing just until the dough holds together.
5) Flour your hands.
6) Pull off a piece of dough the size of a biscuit and dip the wet edge into the extra flour.
7) Then roll or pat the dough piece into a biscuit shape.
8) On the baking sheet, place the biscuits, slightly touching.
9) Bake until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
10) Take out the baking sheet from oven and let the biscuits cool for 8-10 minutes.
11) Serve the biscuits either warm or cold.