|Whole wheat pastry flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Unsalted butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Scallions||2 , cut into 2 lengths|
|Milk/Soy milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 450 degrees C.
2) Keep an ungreased baking sheet ready.
3) Dry process the flour, salt and baking powder in a food processor, by turning the steel blade and couple of times.
4) Butter too is chopped coarsely with the help of the steel blade in the processor along with the flour mixture till the resultant mixture looks crumbly.
5) Chop basil and green onions in a similar manner.
6) Add milk and combine it well with the flour-butter mixture, by running the processor a couple of times.
7) Shape the dough into a ball and then roll it on a flat surface on the counter, which has been layered with a little flour.
8) Roll the dough ball to a thickness of 1/2 inch.
9) Cut the dough with a 2-inch cutter into 10 biscuits.
10) Arrange the cut dough pieces on the ungreased baking sheet and bake the biscuits for at least 12 to 15 minutes.
11) Take out the biscuits when they turn golden brown and the edges are crispy and dry.
12) Cool the biscuits and then serve.
(the biscuits can also be stored in airtight containers).
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 628 Calories from Fat 356
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g62%
Saturated Fat 24.5 g122.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 104.3 mg34.8%
Sodium 1117.5 mg46.6%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.7%
Dietary Fiber 10 g40%
Sugars 4.8 g
Protein 11 g21.7%
Vitamin A 61.7% Vitamin C 18.4%
Calcium 76.7% Iron 24.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet