|Whole wheat pastry flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Unsalted butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Scallions||2 , cut into 2 lengths|
|Milk/Soy milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 450 degrees C.
2) Keep an ungreased baking sheet ready.
3) Dry process the flour, salt and baking powder in a food processor, by turning the steel blade and couple of times.
4) Butter too is chopped coarsely with the help of the steel blade in the processor along with the flour mixture till the resultant mixture looks crumbly.
5) Chop basil and green onions in a similar manner.
6) Add milk and combine it well with the flour-butter mixture, by running the processor a couple of times.
7) Shape the dough into a ball and then roll it on a flat surface on the counter, which has been layered with a little flour.
8) Roll the dough ball to a thickness of 1/2 inch.
9) Cut the dough with a 2-inch cutter into 10 biscuits.
10) Arrange the cut dough pieces on the ungreased baking sheet and bake the biscuits for at least 12 to 15 minutes.
11) Take out the biscuits when they turn golden brown and the edges are crispy and dry.
12) Cool the biscuits and then serve.
(the biscuits can also be stored in airtight containers).