|Plain flour||8 Ounce|
|Mixed spice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Caster sugar||3 Ounce|
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F (170°C).
2. In a bowl, sieve salt, flour and spice.
3. In a bowl, add sugar and fat and cream it using hand blender.
4. In another bowl add egg and beat it properly using hand blender. Stir in flour, currants, and little more egg required for making firm paste.
5. Roll out the dough thinly in large rounds and arrange it on greased tray.
6. Prick the dough using fork and brush little milk over it and spoon caster sugar over it.
7. Bake on Gas Mark 3 at 325°F (170°C) for about 20 minutes and spread it over rack for cooling.
8. Add the biscuits to container for avoiding crushing.
9. Serve the Easter biscuits with coffee.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1896 Calories from Fat 673
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 76 g116.8%
Saturated Fat 14.3 g71.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 160.7 mg53.6%
Sodium 342.6 mg14.3%
Total Carbohydrates 281 g93.6%
Dietary Fiber 9.2 g36.8%
Sugars 92 g
Protein 20 g40%
Vitamin A 65.3% Vitamin C 58.4%
Calcium 7.5% Iron 13%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet