Healthy Whole Wheat Biscuits
|All-purpose flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Reduced calorie margarine||3 Tablespoon|
|Warm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (105 Degree To 115 Degree)|
|Buttermilk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
1. Dissolve the yeast in warm water
2. Preheat the oven to 425°
3. Prepare a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
4. In a large bowl, tip in the first 6 ingredients and mix well. Cut the margarine into the bowl till the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
5. Add the yeast mixture and buttermilk to the flour mixture while stirring continuously. Knead the dough and set aside in chill in the refrigerator overnight.
6. Remove the next day and knead for one minute. Roll the dough out till it is about 1/2-inch thickness. Use a 2-inch biscuit cutter to cut out shapes.
7. Place biscuits on the sheet and then bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Serve hot or at room temperature