Biscuits are one of the most versatile treats out there—there are endless ways to prepare them, which makes them great for any time of day! Family chef, baker and author, Cricket Azima for the Betty Crocker kitchens is here to inspire the way you cook with both savory and sweet biscuit recipes.
For garlic cheese biscuits
2 Cup (32 tbs) (Original Bisquick®)
2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded
2 Tablespoon, melted
For the strawberry shortcake
1 Quart, sliced
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
For the batter
2 1⁄3 Cup (37.33 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
3 Tablespoon, melted
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
For Cheese Garlic Biscuit
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
2. In a small bowl mix melted butter and garlic powder. Set aside.
3. In a bowl add bisquick mix, milk and cheese. Mix them well to form soft dough.
4. On a ungreased baking sheet, put spoonful of dough spaced well.
5. Bake for around 10 minutes or till it turns golden brown. Remove from the oven. Let it sit for a few minutes till warm and brush the butter-garlic mixture over each biscuit.
6. In a serving plate, serve the biscuit as side dish to any meat of choice.
For Classic Strawberry Shortcake
1. Preheat the oven to 42 degrees F.
2. In a bowl, add strawberries and ¼ cup sugar. Mix well. Set aside.
3. In a bowl, add bisquick mix, milk, sugar and melted butter. Mix well to forms a batter.
4. On a baking sheet, put spoonfuls of the batter spaced well. Bake for around 12 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven and let it cool completely. Slice the biscuits into half.
6. In a serving plate, place one ½ of the biscuit. Top it with sugar marinated strawberries and whipped cream. Place the other half on top and complete it with more strawberries and whipped cream.
If you are short on time but do not want to compromise on the quality of your dishes, here is something for you! This video features two quick and easy recipes which are high on taste and less on time. The dishes, Garlic Cheese Biscuits and Strawberry Shortcake, are a savoury addition to any meal. Try it!