Peanut Cocktail Biscuits
|Plain flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Mustard||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
|Butter||2 Ounce (60 Grams)|
|Cheese||4 Ounce, grated (125 Grams)|
|Cold water||3 Tablespoon|
|Peanuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped and salted|
1. Preheat the oven to 220 C (425 F).
2. In a bowl, sift flour with mustard, salt, and cayenne.
3. Add grated cheese, and rub the butter.
4. Combine all the ingredients to make a dry dough with egg yolk, and add little water if necessary.
5. Take a floured board, and turn it and knead until the dough becomes smooth.
6. Roll the dough thinly and use a 5 cm (2 inch) cutter to cut out rounds.
7. Brush egg whites on the rounds and spoon chopped peanuts over them.
8. Arrange rounds on a shallow tray and bake in oven for 12 minutes.
9. Serve the peanut cocktail biscuits with a cup of coffee.