Peanut Cocktail Biscuits
|Plain flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Mustard||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
|Butter||2 Ounce (60 Grams)|
|Cheese||4 Ounce, grated (125 Grams)|
|Cold water||3 Tablespoon|
|Peanuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped and salted|
1. Preheat the oven to 220 C (425 F).
2. In a bowl, sift flour with mustard, salt, and cayenne.
3. Add grated cheese, and rub the butter.
4. Combine all the ingredients to make a dry dough with egg yolk, and add little water if necessary.
5. Take a floured board, and turn it and knead until the dough becomes smooth.
6. Roll the dough thinly and use a 5 cm (2 inch) cutter to cut out rounds.
7. Brush egg whites on the rounds and spoon chopped peanuts over them.
8. Arrange rounds on a shallow tray and bake in oven for 12 minutes.
9. Serve the peanut cocktail biscuits with a cup of coffee.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2318 Calories from Fat 1398
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 163 g250.1%
Saturated Fat 65.1 g325.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 426.1 mg142%
Sodium 1375.7 mg57.3%
Total Carbohydrates 147 g49.1%
Dietary Fiber 16.6 g66.5%
Sugars 7.2 g
Protein 82 g163.4%
Vitamin A 60.9% Vitamin C 0.99%
Calcium 102% Iron 48.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet