Vegan Cinnamon Biscuits
|Wholemeal flour/5 ounce whole meal flour and 1 ounce soya wheat germ and soya flour mixed||6 Ounce (170 gram)|
|Barbados sugar/1 1/2 ounce fruit sugar||2 Ounce (55 gram)|
|Vegan margarine||3 Ounce (85 grams)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon (heaped)|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (adjust quantity as needed)|
1. Pre-heat the oven at 350°F/180°C (Gas Mark 4).
2. Take a baking tray. Oil it lightly and then flour it.
3. Mix vegan margarine and sugar and beat it well.
4. Mix all the dry ingredients together and sieve it.
5. Add the above mixture to the earlier margarine and sugar mix, little by little.
6. Mix it well and if need be, add a spoon or two of water and knead it into a dough.
7. Make balls out of the dough.
8. Take a sheet of cooking foil and place a ball on it.
9. Place another sheet of foil on the ball.
10. With the help a rolling pin roll out the ball within the foil. You can sprinkle flour if needed.
11. Cut the flatten ball into 2 inch or 5 cm biscuit and prick them with a fork.
12. Bake it in the lower portion of the oven for 10 to 12 minutes. If the biscuits still stay soft in the center, put them again in the oven for some more minutes to dry. In such a case, ensure that the biscuits are rolled thinner the next time.
13. Serve Vegan Cinnamon biscuits with a dollop of cream.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1411 Calories from Fat 634
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 71 g109.9%
Saturated Fat 12.7 g63.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 35.3 mg1.5%
Total Carbohydrates 186 g61.9%
Dietary Fiber 24.1 g96.3%
Sugars 57.5 g
Protein 24 g47.5%
Vitamin A 61.5% Vitamin C 0.54%
Calcium 12.5% Iron 39.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet