Spiced Fruity Biscuits Cookies
|Butter||4 Ounce, softened|
|Caster sugar||4 Ounce|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Ground mixed spice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) In a bowl, put the sugar and butter and beat well together till the mixture is light and fluffy.
3) Add the egg and mincemeat and beat well.
4) Sift together the spices and flour and then fold the mixture into the creamed mixture.
5) Knead the mixture to a soft dough.
6) On a floured surface, roll out the dough thinly. Use a 2 ½-inch fluted cutter to cut out 30 rounds from the dough.
7) Place the rounds on a greased baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, till golden brown in color.
8) Transfer the cookies to a wire rack and let them cool completely.
9) If you wish to freeze the cookies, flash freeze first till firm and then pack in a rigid container. Use foil to separate each layer. Seal, label and store in the freezer.
10) To serve the cookies without freezing, arrange them on a decorative serving platter and then serve. If using frozen cookies, thaw them first at room temperature for 1 to 2 minutes and then serve.