|All-purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Medium rye flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Caraway seeds||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Margarine||3 Tablespoon, softened|
|Low fat buttermilk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
1. Preheat oven to 450°F
2. In a bowl sift together first 4 ingredients, stir in caraway seeds.
3. Cut in margarine with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
4. Add buttermilk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
5. Onto a lightly floured surface turn dough over and knead 3 to 4 times.
6. Roll to 3/4-inch thickness and with a 2 inch biscuit cutter cut into rounds.
7. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for 12 minutes until golden brown.
9. Serve Rye Biscuits as snacks alongside beverages or as desired.