|All-purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Medium rye flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Caraway seeds||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Margarine||3 Tablespoon, softened|
|Low fat buttermilk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
1. Preheat oven to 450°F
2. In a bowl sift together first 4 ingredients, stir in caraway seeds.
3. Cut in margarine with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
4. Add buttermilk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
5. Onto a lightly floured surface turn dough over and knead 3 to 4 times.
6. Roll to 3/4-inch thickness and with a 2 inch biscuit cutter cut into rounds.
7. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for 12 minutes until golden brown.
9. Serve Rye Biscuits as snacks alongside beverages or as desired.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1269 Calories from Fat 401
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g69.6%
Saturated Fat 7.1 g35.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1687.3 mg70.3%
Total Carbohydrates 194 g64.7%
Dietary Fiber 18.5 g74.1%
Sugars 1.1 g
Protein 28 g55.3%
Vitamin A 32.7% Vitamin C 1.8%
Calcium 119.7% Iron 80.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet