Fork Biscuits Cookies
|Sifted icing sugar||1 Ounce|
|Drinking chocolate powder||1 Ounce|
|Vanilla essence||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Icing sugar||2 Tablespoon (For Sprinkling To Finish)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) In a bowl, put the icing sugar and butter and beat well till the mixture is light.
3) Sift in all the dry ingredients and then add the vanilla essence. Beat well to thoroughly mix and form a dough.
4) Shape the dough into 20 small balls, approximately the size of walnuts and place them in a baking sheet. Space the balls properly to keep room for expansion.
5) Use the prongs of a wet fork to flatten each ball into a rectangle that measures about 2 1/2x1 ½ inches.
6) Bake in the preheated oven for 12 minutes.
7) Put the cookies on a wire rack and let them cool completely.
8) If you wish to freeze the cookies, it needs to be done at this point. Flash freeze till firm and then pack in a rigid container, separating each layer with foil. Seal, label and store the cookies in the freezer.
9) To serve without freezing, place the cookies on a serving plate and serve slightly warm, at room temperature or slightly chilled. To serve frozen cookies, first thaw them for 1 to 2 hours at room temperature and then serve. Sprinkle with some icing sugar before serving, if preferred. These make a good snack.