Cottage Cheese Upside Down Scone Biscuit
|Onion||1 Medium, peeled and sliced into rings|
|Tomatoes||1 , peeled and sliced|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|For scone dough|
|Self raising flour||1⁄2 Pound|
|Cottage cheese||4 Ounce|
1) Preheat the oven to 425°C
2) Butter 8 inch sandwich tin with 1oz. of butter and line the bottom with a parchment paper.
3) In non-stick pan, melt butter and saute onion until soft.
4) Place the onions in tin, spread with tomato slices on the top.
5) Dredge with seasoning to taste.
6) In a bowl, sift the flour with a pinch of salt.
7) Using fingertips rub the butter into the flour.
8) Fold in the cottage cheese.
9) In a bowl, beat the egg and milk together.
10) Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and mix to give soft dough.
11) Dust flour over the working table and knead lightly until smooth.
12) Roll out the dough and cut into 8 inch circle.
13) Place over the tomatoes, pushing down lightly.
14) Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until the dough rises and is golden brown.
15) Take out of tin and peel the parchment paper.
16) If you wish to freeze the dish, then do so at this stage. Freeze the scones until firm.
17) Wrap the scones in foil and pack in freezer bag.
18) Seal, label and return to freezer.
19) Serve hot with a small mixed salad if desired.
20) If using the frozen scones, take off the wrapping and place the scones upside-down in the sandwich tin lined with foil.
21) Reheat in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until heated through.
22) Serve as mentioned in step 19.