Bacon Scones Biscuits
|Streaky bacon rashers||3 Ounce, rinds removed and chopped (75 gram)|
|Flour||1⁄2 Pint (225 gram)|
|Baking powder||4 Teaspoon|
|Mustard powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1 1⁄4 Ounce (40 gram)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Pint (150 milliliter)|
1) Grease a baking sheet.
2) Heat the oven to (220°C/425°F or Gas Mark 8).
3) Fry the bacon rashers in its own fat.
4) On paper towels, drain the bacon.
3) In a bowl, combine all the dry ingredeintsand rub in the butter until the mixture is crumbly. Then add fried bacon.
4) Stir in milk to make a smooth dough.
5) On a floured surface, turn the dough knead until smooth, then roll out to a circle 20 to 23 cm/ 8 to 9 inches in diameter.
6) Cut the circle into 8 equal triangles, place on a greased baking sheet and brush the tops with milk.
7) Bake in the preheated hot oven for about 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
8) Transfer the biscuits to a wire rack, leave to cool.
9) In a freezer bag, pack the biscuits in a single layer, seal, label and freeze.
10) Thaw the biscuits by removing wrappings and place the frozen scones (biscuits) on a baking sheet.
11) Before serving, reheat them in a preheated moderately hot oven (180°C/350°F or Gas Mark 5) for 10 minutes or at room temperature for 2 hours
12) Serve the biscuits as snack.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1606 Calories from Fat 559
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 63 g96.9%
Saturated Fat 34.2 g170.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 141.4 mg47.1%
Sodium 3322.1 mg138.4%
Total Carbohydrates 196 g65.3%
Dietary Fiber 7.3 g29%
Sugars 7.3 g
Protein 62 g124.2%
Vitamin A 20.2% Vitamin C 0.25%
Calcium 167.9% Iron 77.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet