Fruit Scones Biscuits
|Flour||1⁄2 Pound (225 gram)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Soda bicarbonate||1 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable||2 Ounce (50 gram)|
|Castor sugar||2 Ounce (50 gram)|
|Seedless raisins||2 Ounce (50 gram)|
|Currants||30 Milliliter (2 tablespoons)|
|Egg||1 Large, beaten|
|Milk||75 Milliliter (5 tablespoons)|
1) Grease a baking sheet.
2) Heat the oven to (230°C/450°F or Gas Mark 8).
3) In a bowl, sift the flour, baking powder and salt, then add soda and rub in the fat until the mixture is crumbly. Add raisins, sugar and currants.
4) Stir in the egg, fruit mixture and enough milk to make a smooth soft dough.
5) On a floured surface, turn the dough knead until smooth, then roll out to 1 cm/1/2 inch thickness.
6) With a 5 cm/2 inch cutter, cut out 10 to 12 rounds, place on a greased baking sheet and brush with a little milk.
7) Bake in the preheated hot oven for about 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
8) Transfer the biscuits to a wire rack and leave to cool.
9) In a freezer bag, pack the biscuits in a single layer, seal, label and freeze.
10) Thaw the biscuits by removing wrappings and place the frozen scones (biscuits) on a baking sheet.
11) Before serving, reheat them in a preheated moderately hot oven (180°C/350°F or Gas Mark 4) for 15 minutes.
12) Serve the warm biscuits as snack.