|Plain flour||4 Ounce|
|Caster sugar||2 Ounce|
|Lemon||1 , zest grated finely|
|Caster sugar||1 Tablespoon (For Sprinkling)|
1. Pre-heat oven to Regulo 3-4 or 325°F.
2. Lightly apply margarine on a baking tray.
3. Into a bowl, sieve in flour; add sugar.
4. Add margarine and rub it in till mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Put in finely grated zest of lemon rind.
5. Pour in egg yolk. Using a knife, blend to form a stiff dry dough, adding a little water if necessary.
6. Put the dough on to a floured board; knead lightly. Divide dough in two, and shape half at a time.
7. Roll out the biscuit dough to 1/8-1/4 inch thickness. With a fork, prick neatly.
8. Using a 1 1/2 inch plain round cutter, cut out rounds. Keep them on the baking tray. Re-roll and cut out any scraps of dough.
9. Bake a third to half the way down the oven for 10-20 mins. until pale straw coloured and firm to touch. Using a palette knife, remove and let it cool on a wire tray.
10. Scatter caster sugar over it if you like and serve.
Calories 293 Calories from Fat 114
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.7%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 46.3 mg15.4%
Sodium 6.2 mg0.3%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g14.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.4%
Sugars 18 g
Protein 2 g5%
Vitamin A 11.3% Vitamin C 18.6%
Calcium 1.7% Iron 1.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet