Turkey Pie With Cheese Biscuits
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (1/2 Stick)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Fresh mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red pepper||1 Dash, ground|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Frozen green peas||10 Ounce, thawed (1 Package)|
|Turkey/Chicken||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked, cut into 1/2 inch pieces|
|For cheese biscuits|
|Biscuit mix||2 Cup (32 tbs), prepared|
|Cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Pimiento||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Water||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a medium saucepan, heat butter and sautÃ© onion and mushrooms for about 5 minutes with frequent stirring.
3. Remove the pan from heat and stir in flour, salt and ground red pepper until smooth.
4. Stir in milk and cook over medium heat until mixture comes to boiling; stir continuously and simmer for 3 minutes.
5. Add peas and turkey to the skillet and mix.
6. In a medium bowl, blend biscuit mix and cheese using a fork.
7. Add pimento and water; stir to form a soft dough.
8. On a lightly floured pastry cloth or board, place the dough and roll over to coat with flour.
9. Roll into a 8x41/2 inch rectangle.
10. Diagonally cut the dough to form 8 triangles.
11. Into a 1 1/2 quart baking dish, pour the mixture.
12. Arrange the biscuits on top of the mixture with flat side against side of dish.
13. Place the dish in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until mixture is bubbly and biscuits are golden-brown.
14. Serve hot.