Baking Powder Biscuits
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Lightly dust a clean rolling surface with flour.
2. Into a bowl sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Cut in shortening till mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
4. Make a well, add milk all at once.
5. Stir quickly with fork just till dough follows fork around bowl.
6. Over a lightly floured surface place the dough and knead gently 10 to 12 strokes.
7. Roll or pat dough 1/2 inch thick.
8. Dip biscuit cutter in flour and cut dough straight down without twisting.
9. Place biscuits on ungreased baking sheet and bake at 450°for 12 to 15 minutes.
10. Serve the biscuits with beverages or as snacks.