Savory Biscuit Bites
|Plain flour||8 Ounce (200 Grams)|
|Ground rice||4 Ounce (100 Grams)|
|Dry mustard||15 Milliliter (1 Level Tablespoon)|
|Salt||2 Teaspoon (1 Rounded Teaspoon)|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
|Margarine||6 Ounce (150 Grams)|
|Cheddar cheese||6 Ounce (150 Grams)|
|Paprika||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Poppy seeds||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Vegetable extract||2 Tablespoon (Or As Required)|
1) In a bowl, combine the flour, ground rice, mustard, salt and pepper.
2) Add margarine to rub in.
3) Add cheese and beaten egg and mix to a stiff dough.
4) Divide the dough into 4.
5) Knead the paprika into half of one piece, form into a roll 1 8 cm (7 1/2 in) long.
6) Roll out the remaining half of the piece to an oblong the same length and 7-5 cm (3 in) wide.
7) Put the paprika-flavored piece on top and roll up together. Secure the join by pressing.
8) Repeat the process with another piece and poppy seeds.
9) Take the third piece to roll into an oblong 18x125 cm (7x5 in).
10) Spread the vegetable extract on top and then roll up like a Swiss roll.
11) Form the remaining piece into a roll 18 cm (7 1/2 in) long.
12) Place inside refrigerator to chill.
13) Slice the roll and bake in a moderate oven (180°C, 350°F/Gas 4) until golden brown -about 15 minutes.
14) Serve as snack with hot or cold beverage.
Pack each unbaked roll in cling wrap.
Store in a freezer bag for up to 3 months.
Calories 543 Calories from Fat 300
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.4%
Saturated Fat 10.5 g52.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 65 mg21.7%
Sodium 852.4 mg35.5%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6.1%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 12 g24.2%
Vitamin A 33% Vitamin C 0.82%
Calcium 22.8% Iron 4.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet