|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Buttermilk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 450°.
2. Lightly dust a clean rolling surface with flour.
3. Into a bowl sift together flour, baking powder and salt and cut in shortening till mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
5. Make a well, add buttermilk all at once and stir just till dough clings together.
6. Over a lightly floured surface place the dough and knead gently 10 to 12 strokes.
7. Roll or pat dough 1/2 inch thick.
8. Dip cutter in flour and cut dough straight down without twisting.
9. Place biscuits on ungreased baking sheet and bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
10. Serve the biscuits with beverages or as snacks.