Baking Powder Biscuits
|All purpose flour||5 Cup (80 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven at 450°F.
2) Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt.
3) Add in the shortening to the mixture, until it appears coarse.
4) Then add the milk and make a soft, smooth dough.
5) Take a flour-dusted board and knead the dough out for 30 seconds.
6) Using a rolling pin, layer out the dough to 1/2 inch thick and cut out 2-inch squares.
7) Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, till the biscuits are golden brown.
8) Serve with a light sprinkle of cinnamon powder.