Finlandia Swiss Cheese Biscuit
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Pound (Use 1 Stick)|
|Egg yolks||2 , well beaten|
|Grated swiss cheese||5 Ounce (Finlandia Brand)|
|Prepared mustard||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Dash|
|Sifted flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degree F
2. In a large bowl, add butter or margarine.
3. Beat the fat with a spatula or an electric mixture until it is light and creamy.
4. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating into the fat until well blended.
5. Add cheese, mustard and cayenne and beat until well blended and creamy.
6. Gradually add flour, beating until the mixture binds to form dough and forms a ball.
7. Turn the dough out on a lightly floured surface.
8. Roll lightly with a rolling pin, into a large circle of 1/8 inch thickness.
9. Use a 21/2-inch round cookie cutter (plain or fluted) to cut the dough into biscuits.
10. Arrange the dough circles on baking sheets and place in hot oven
11. Bake the biscuits for about 10 to 12 minutes just until pale and dry.
12. Remove the baking sheets from the oven and loosen the biscuits with a spatula of pastry knife.
13. Slide them onto a wire rack and let them cool and harden.
14. Store the biscuits in a wax paper lined airtight container.
15. Serve the cheese biscuits as an accompaniment to dips, soups, stews or gravies or enjoy as an evening snack.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1908 Calories from Fat 1240
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 141 g216.8%
Saturated Fat 86.5 g432.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 744.4 mg248.1%
Sodium 386.7 mg16.1%
Total Carbohydrates 105 g34.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.8%
Sugars 2.5 g
Protein 57 g114.4%
Vitamin A 91.6% Vitamin C 0.59%
Calcium 121.1% Iron 39.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet