|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Sifted all-purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Celery seed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. In a pan with 1 tablespoon shortening, cook onion till tender.
2. Preheat the oven at 425°.
3. Flour a 1 3/4 inch cutter.
4. Sift together flour, baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt and stir in celery seed.
5. Cut in shortening till mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
6. Into the bowl add onion, egg and milk all at once and stir just till dough follows fork around bowl.
7. Place on lightly floured surface, knead gently 1/2 minute and pat or roll 1/2 inch thick.
8. With floured cutter, cut the dough and bake on un-greased baking sheet for 12 minutes till done.
9. Serve onion biscuits alongside beverages or as snacks.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1415 Calories from Fat 673
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 76 g117.2%
Saturated Fat 19.9 g99.3%
Trans Fat 8.7 g
Cholesterol 219 mg73%
Sodium 704.1 mg29.3%
Total Carbohydrates 154 g51.3%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.2%
Sugars 6.6 g
Protein 29 g58%
Vitamin A 6.4% Vitamin C 5.6%
Calcium 74.6% Iron 65.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet