Oatmeal Drop Biscuits
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Quick cooking oats||3 Ounce, uncooked|
|Firmly packed dark brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated orange peel||1 Tablespoon|
|Double acting baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sweet whipped butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Buttermilk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Dark raisins||3⁄8 Cup (6 tbs), plumpled (1/3 cup plus 2 teaspoons)|
1) Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2) In a bowl, add flour, oats, sugar, orange peel, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Mix well.
3) In a pastry blender, add in the mixture of dry ingredients. Add in the margarine and butter, little by little, to get a coarse consistency.
4) Pour buttermilk and add in the dark raisins. Blend to get a thick and lumpy batter.
5) Onto a nonstick baking sheet, drop whole tablespoonfuls of the batter at a distance of 2-inches from each other. Make 12 such biscuits.
6) Bake the biscuits for about 20 minutes or until they turn a light golden brown.
7) Let the biscuits cool down before serving.
8) Serve the Oatmeal Drop Biscuits warm or at room temperature.
Calories 337 Calories from Fat 114
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.9%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.8 mg3.6%
Sodium 270.8 mg11.3%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.7%
Sugars 11.8 g
Protein 7 g13.9%
Vitamin A 9.2% Vitamin C 6.1%
Calcium 15% Iron 12.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet