Flaky Hot Biscuits
|Self raising flour||7 Ounce|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cooking fat||2 Ounce|
|Milk||1⁄4 Pint (Short Measure)|
1. Sieve the flour, baking powder and salt together.
2. Cut the fat into pieces about 1/4 in. in size and stir into the dry ingredients.
3. Make a well in the centre and pour in the milk.
4. Stir with a knife and then knead lightly on a floured surface for about 1 minute.
5. Roll out to 1/3 in. thickness.
6. Cut out with a floured cutter and place on a greased baking tray so that they, are touching one another.
7. Bake in a hot oven (425°F - Gas Mark 7).
8. Serve hot with butter.