Homemade Dog Biscuits
|All-purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Bran||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Rye flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cornmeal/Grits||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Non fat dry milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, dehydrated, minced or powdered|
|Dry yeast||1 Tablespoon (1 Packet)|
|Warm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tomato juice||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Salt Free Or Otherwise)|
1) Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
2) In a large bowl, knead together both flours, bran, rye flour, cornmeal, milk, garlic, salt, yeast, water and tomato juice into a stiff dough.
3) After kneading for about 3 minutes, roll out the dough to a thickness of 1/4 to 1/2 inch.
4) Using a knife or cookie cutter, cut out biscuits shapes of any size.
5) Arrange the biscuits on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for about 1 hour.
6) Allow the biscuits to harden by leaving them outside for a minimum of 4 hours before serving.