Rye Wheat Biscuits
|Rye flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Measured Scoop And Level)|
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Measured Scoop And Level)|
|Non fat milk powder||3 Tablespoon (Non Instant)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, chilled, cut into small pieces|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 450Â°.
2) In a food processor, use METAL BLADE setting.
3) In your work bowl, add rye flour, wheat flour, milk powder, baking powder and salt. Pulse on/off to mix.
4) Add butter and pulse on/off until mixture resembles coarse meal.
5) Pour in honey and cold water, while the machine is still running.
6) When a soft ball is formed, stop the machine. Do not overdo.
7) On a lightly floured board, turn out the dough.
8) Roll the dough into a rectangle a little more than 1/4-inch thick, with the rolling pin.
9) Fold the dough over once.
10) Use a biscuit cutter lightly dipped in flour, to cut straight down. Do not twist the cutter as it might seal the cut edge and prevent rising.
11) Use an ungreased baking sheet to place the biscuits.
12) Place inside oven on the middle shelf of the oven 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
13) Serve the biscuits at once.