Beer Can Biscuits
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Lard/Shortening||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Beer||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F
2. Into a large mixing bowl, measure and sift the flour with baking powder and salt.
3. Cut the lard or shortening into smaller pieces and rub into the flour mixture until it resembles crumbs.
4. Add enough beer to wet the flour and stir quickly with a fork just until it binds to form a ball.
5. Turn out onto a flour dusted surface and knead gently 10 times then leave to rest for 10 minutes.
6. Use a flour dusted rolling pin to roll out into ½-inch thick sheet.
7. Use cookie cutter or bottom of beer can to cut out into circles.
8. Collect and re-roll trimmings of dough.
9. Arrange the circles on a cookie sheet keeping 1 inch space between each
10. Use a pastry brush to give a light wash to the biscuits with beer.
11. Bake for 10 to 12 minute until golden.
12. Remove and loosen with a spatula then slide onto a wire rack to cool.
13. Serve biscuits with soup, dips or stews or enjoy with tea.