Orange Pecan Biscuits
|Bread flour||500 Milliliter|
|Baking powder||10 Milliliter|
|Grated orange rind||10 Milliliter|
|Chopped pecan pieces||45 Milliliter|
|Cream cheese||170 Gram|
|Orange juice||125 Milliliter|
1) Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C before baking.
2) Sift together dry ingredients twice and then stir in orange and chopped pecans.
3) Mix cheese and butter together, creaming well and knead into soft dough after cutting into the dry ingredient mixture.
4) Knead for 3 minutes after pouring in orange juice.
5) Onto a lightly floured surface, place the dough and even out into a 1/4" (6 mm) thick square.
6) Using a small floured dusted biscuit cutter, cut the square into small pieces.
7) Take an ungreased baking sheet; place the pieces on it and then put a pecan half on top of each piece.
8) Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until done.
9) Serve with tea or coffee.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4561 Calories from Fat 2636
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 302 g464.5%
Saturated Fat 165.3 g826.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 724.5 mg241.5%
Sodium 3311.9 mg138%
Total Carbohydrates 394 g131.3%
Dietary Fiber 17.6 g70.6%
Sugars 19.4 g
Protein 77 g154.5%
Vitamin A 174.5% Vitamin C 127.7%
Calcium 110.1% Iron 43.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet