|Plain flour||225 Gram|
|Demerara sugar||150 Gram|
1) Into a bowl, sieve together the flour and salt.
2) Cream the butter till it is soft and then add 4 ounces of sugar. Beat till the mixture is light and fluffy. Add the flour and blend it. Work till the mixture is smooth.
3) Into two equal pieces, divide the mixture and then roll the pieces out to form sausages, each 6-inches in length.
4) Roll out the sausages in the remainder of the sugar and then wrap them in foil. Place in the fridge and chill till firm.
5) Grease two baking sheets and cut every prepared sausage into 16 slices. Put on the baking sheet.
6) For about 20 minutes, bake in the warm oven till the biscuits are pale golden brown at the edges.
7) Place on a wire rack and allow to cool.
8) To freeze the preparation, pack it in a rigid container, cover, label and freeze it.
9) Take out from the container and thaw for about 1 hour at room temperature. Serve as preferred.