Almond Butter Biscuit
|Caster sugar||50 Gram|
|Plain flour||40 Gram|
|Almonds||40 Gram, flaked|
1) Cream together the sugar and butter till the mixture is pale. Add the flour and almonds and stir well.
2) Form the mixture into marble-sized balls and place half of them about 3-inches apart from each other on a baking sheet which has been greased well.
3) Use a damp fork to flatten and in a moderately hot oven, bake the balls for about 10 minutes till they are pale golden brown in color.
4) Take the baking sheet out of the oven and keep it aside for some seconds.
5) Carefully lift the biscuits off the baking sheet with a palette knife. Be very careful as the biscuits are thin and brittle at this point. Lay the biscuits on an oiled rolling pin and allow them to harden.
6) Repeat the procedure with the remainder of the mixture.
7) To freeze the biscuits, pack them in a rigid container very carefully, cover, label and freeze.
8) Thaw for about an hour at room temperature and serve with mousses and fools.
Calories 523 Calories from Fat 317
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g56.2%
Saturated Fat 17.5 g87.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 69.9 mg23.3%
Sodium 3.8 mg0.2%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.7%
Sugars 25.8 g
Protein 6 g11.4%
Vitamin A 16.2% Vitamin C
Calcium 6.3% Iron 4.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet