Cheese Straws Or Biscuits
|Strong cheddar cheese/Cheshire cheese||3 Ounce, grated|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Yeast powder||2 (Brewers)|
1) Preheat oven to hot.
2) Use butter to lightly rub into flour.
3) In a bowl, combine cheese, seasonings, mustard and yeast extract. Prepare a stiff paste with yolk and water, using a blunt knife or a fork.
4) Use the floured board to roll out the mixture thinly. Allow the roll to stand for 5 minutes.
5) Make out 1/4--inch strips and 6 rings, using 2 pastry cutters, 1-inch size, and 3/4-inch size.
6) Use a floured baking sheet to transfer the cut outs.
7) Place the baking sheet on the top shelf of hot oven. Alternately, use low grill for about 5-7 minutes.
8) Assemble all the straws into small bundles and place in the rings. Before serving, dust with paprika and serve hot.