Sweet Potato Biscuits
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sweet potatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs), mashed|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 475° F.
2) Lightly grease a cookie sheet and set aside.
3) In a bowl, sift together flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
4) Using two knives, cut in shortening until mixture get grainy texture.
5) Fold in the sweet potatoes; add milk slowly to form soft dough.
6) Lightly dust a working board with flour.
7) Place the sweet potato dough on floured board and knead lightly.
8) Roll or pat the sweet potato mixture to 1/2 inch thick.
9) Using 2-inch biscuit cutter, cut the dough.
10) Arrange the cut dough on prepared cookie sheet.
11) Bake in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes.
12) Serve with tea or coffee, if desired.