Golden Brown Biscuits
|Whole wheat pastry flour||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||3 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sour milk||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F
2. In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking powder and soda.
3. Stir in the bran remaining from sifting..
4. In another bowl, using a wire whisk, combine the milk, and oil until blended together.
5. Pour enough liquid into the flour mixture to bind the flour into a dough.
6. Transfer the dough onto a flour dusted work surface and knead the dough for a few minutes until it is soft.
7. Using a dusted rolling pin, roll the dough into a 1/4inch thick sheet and use a round cookie cutter or any 2 inch round sharp edged lid to cut into circles.
8. Arrange the biscuits on the baking sheet leaving a 1 inch space between each.
9. Place the baking sheet on the middle level of the preheated oven and bake the biscuits for 10 to 15 minutes until they are golden brown
10. Remove from the oven and slide the biscuits onto a wire rack and allow them to cool and harden.
11. Serve the biscuit with tea.
12. Store them in an airtight container lined with grease proof paper.