|All purpose flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Buttermilk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Orange marmalade/Jam / honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 450°.
2) In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and stir thoroughly.
3) Add shortening to cut in until mixture resembles coarse crumbs and prepare well in the center.
4) Pour in buttermilk and stir the mixture to form sticky dough.
5) Use a lightly floured surface, to knead dough gently for 10 times.
6) Roll out the dough to 1/2-inch thickness.
7) Use a floured 2-inch biscuit cutter to make the cut outs.
8) Use an ungreased baking sheet to arrange the biscuits closely for soft-sided biscuits or 1-inch apart for crisp-sided ones.
9) With a fork prick the surface of the biscuits.
10) Place inside oven and bake for 5 minutes.
11) Now, reduce oven to 400° and bake 8 to 10 minutes more.
12) Serve the bread with orange marmalade, jam, or honey.