|Dry yeast package||1|
|Warm water||2 Tablespoon (105° F To 115° F)|
|Buttermilk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 400°.
2) Mix yeast with warm water and keep aside for 5 minutes or until bubbly.
3) To the yeast mixture, add buttermilk and keep aside.
4) Take a large bowl and mix the dry ingredients in it.
5) Cut in shortening and rub until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
6) Add buttermilk mixture to this and using a fork mix those until dry ingredients are moistened.
7) Knead the dough lightly on a floured surface for about 3 or 4 times.
8) Even out the dough to 1/2 inch thickness and then using a 2-inch cutter, cut it into rounds and arrange on lightly greased baking sheets.
9) Bake in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
10) Serve warm or cold.