Oven Baked Grandma'S Ginger Biscuits
|Golden syrup||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Lard||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Granulated sugar||3 Ounce (2 Ounce / 50 Gram Plus 2 Tablespoons)|
|Soda bicarbonate||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Self raising flour||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
1. Grease a baking sheet with oil, butter or baking spray.
2. Preheat the oven to 325° F, 160° C
3. In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, soda and ginger.
4. In a medium saucepan, combine syrup, lard and sugar.
5. Place the pan on a low flame and stir till ingredients melt.
6. Take pan off the heat and stir in the sifted ingredients, a little at a time until the mixture resembles dough.
7. Shape the mixture into 1 inch balls and arrange them on the greased baking sheet leaving a distance of 1 inch between them.
8. Place the baking sheet on the middle level of the preheated oven and bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes until the cookies are golden brown.
9. Remove the cookies from the oven and transfer them to a wire rack to cool.
10. Generously sprinkle caster sugar on the cookies while they are warm.
11. Serve the cookies with tea.
12. You can store the cookies in an air tight cookie jar or a plastic food container.