|All purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Shortening||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 450°.
2) Mix flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar.
3) Cut in shortening to this and rub until mixture resembles coarse meal.
4) Stir in milk until well blended.
5) Knead the dough lightly about 3 to 4 times after turning it out onto floured surface.
6) Even out the dough to 1/2-inch thickness and with a 2 1/2-inch cutter, cut into rounds.
7) Take an ungreased baking sheet and place the rounds on it.
8) Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes or until golden.
9) Serve with coffee.