Old Fashioned Buttermilk Biscuits
|All purpose flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), softened|
|Buttermilk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Melted margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Set the oven at 450 degrees.
2) Make a coarse meal mixture by mixing together baking powder, flour, sugar, soda and salt.
3) Pour buttermilk and stir the mixture until the dry ingredients become moist.
4) Place the dough on a lightly floured surface.
5) Gently knead it for 4 or 5 times.
6) Roll out the dough keeping 3/4-inch thickness.
7) With a biscuit cutter, cut two 3/4-inch biscuits.
8) Grease a baking sheet lightly.
9) Place biscuits on the baking sheet
10) Brush melted margarine on the top of the biscuits.
11) Bake for 15 minutes or until the biscuits turn golden brown.
12) Serve hot from oven with honey and butter.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3592 Calories from Fat 1610
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 182 g279.3%
Saturated Fat 32.1 g160.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 5246 mg218.6%
Total Carbohydrates 421 g140.2%
Dietary Fiber 13.6 g54.2%
Sugars 16.3 g
Protein 66 g131.8%
Vitamin A 155.2% Vitamin C 0.36%
Calcium 229.9% Iron 147.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet