|Dry yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Warm water||2 Tablespoon (105 To 115 Degree F)|
|Buttermilk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Self rising flour||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Set the oven at 450 degrees.
2) In warm water, mix the yeast.
3) Stir it into buttermilk, blend well and set the mixture aside.
4) Mix sugar and flour.
5) Cut in the shorting until the mixture becomes coarse.
6) Pour buttermilk mixture.
7) Stir the mixture until the dry ingredients become moist.
8) Cover and allow the dough to rise until it becomes slightly or keeping the bowl lightly covered, store it in a refrigerator for up to 3 days if not needed before.
9) Punch down the dough and place it on a lightly floured surface.
10) Knead the dough lightly for 3 or 4 times.
11) Roll it out keeping it1/2-inch thick.
12) Using biscuit cutter, cut 2-inch biscuits.
13) Grease a baking sheet lightly.
14) Place biscuits on it.
15) Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the biscuits turn golden brown.
16) Serve with soft whipped cream.