Baking Powder Biscuits
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl.
2. Cut in shortening with a pastry blender until mixture resembles cornmeal.
3. Add milk; stir lightly with a fork until a soft puffy dough forms.
4. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead lightly about 20 turns.
5. Roll or pat dough to a 1/2-inch thickness. Cut into 2-inch rounds with a floured biscuit cutter, working neatly from rim to middle so there will be few scraps to reroll. Place biscuits on an ungreased cooky sheet 1 inch apart.
6. Bake in a hot oven (450°) 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Calories 368 Calories from Fat 131
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.8%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.4%
Trans Fat 1.7 g
Cholesterol 4.2 mg1.4%
Sodium 556.9 mg23.2%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g16.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.8%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 8 g15.6%
Vitamin A 0.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 33.4% Iron 18.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet