Baking Powder Biscuits
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl.
2. Cut in shortening with a pastry blender until mixture resembles cornmeal.
3. Add milk; stir lightly with a fork until a soft puffy dough forms.
4. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead lightly about 20 turns.
5. Roll or pat dough to a 1/2-inch thickness. Cut into 2-inch rounds with a floured biscuit cutter, working neatly from rim to middle so there will be few scraps to reroll. Place biscuits on an ungreased cooky sheet 1 inch apart.
6. Bake in a hot oven (450°) 12 minutes or until golden brown.